Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last Minute Christmas Projects

After finishing the pot holders I was in the mood to sew something Christmasy. I wanted something I could display in my home this year. So I got out a table runner that I sewed the top for a while ago. I layered and quilted it and put it on the trunk in my living room. Yes, it still needs a binding but I'm not satisfied with any of the fabric I have in my stash. So it will stay like this until I have a chance to go shopping for a binding. I badly wish I had some of the fabric from this project left to use for the binding but it was from a shop hop and we were given just enough to make the runner.







I still had the itch to stitch so I pulled out a charm pack of Christmas fabrics and started making ornaments. I am currently stitching the hooks onto the balls and then I will put my little wall quilt together. I feel very reckless working on such an irresponsible project. I decided not to feel guilty about all the UFOs that I should be working on. I am thoroughly enjoying myself.





While I happily worked on projects, the rest of the family was building an igloo in the front yard.




Being "snowed in" around here, we have had a lot of time to play games as a family. We love card games and I thought I would share a little tip my Grandma taught me. This is for those little hands that can't seem to hold all the cards they are given.



You just need two yogurt lids and a rubber band. Don't forget to cut some slits in the edges so the rubber band will stay in place. The cards stay nicely tucked in between the lids.

8 comments:

Tina said...

me too...wish we were together again this year. love your ornaments! they are so cute! i burned my hand while making sugar cookies so i'm typing with my left index finger! love the igloo!

MelissaS said...

I love the ornaments!

Chookyblue...... said...

Merry Christmas

Daisy Jayne said...

Merry Christmas - wow you have been busy, The igloo looks great and such fun.

We Six Nasons said...

Some times we just need to work on what we feel like and not worry about what is left to finish. I will have to try the card tip with my kids, they do have a hard time with it!

Libby said...

You Christmas sewing looks great...I especially love those ornament blocks. Your family's igloo is also verrry impressive :). Have a great Christmas!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

That igloo is awesome. Something my family would love making. We have plenty of snow for it! I hope you and yours have had a very nice week.

conner posse said...

wow, awesome! I am totally using that card-holder idea. my kiddos and their tiny hands, i tell ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails