Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympic Update

I am finding that fair isle is slow going but so much fun. I love seeing the pattern form and I love the colors I picked. I made a my own copy of the chart in Excel with the colors I am using and as you can see I made it nice and big. I am using my chart keeper which is a must have when knitting from a chart.




I haven't seen any of the Olympics since watching the 4 hour opening ceremonies on Friday night. We all sat down together but my husband wandered off halfway through the parade of nations. I worked on my sock but only got the cuff done and ended up on the computer shopping the 35% off sale at Fabric Depot. I got myself some Kona solids to make a quilt that I fell in love with from the latest American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. My kids stuck it out the entire time until just before the torch was lit at midnight when they both fell asleep. So sad. Luckily I recorded it on my Tivo so I replayed it for them the next morning.

Saturday I went to Madrona with my friends Lou and Ginny. We walked and shopped the market there. So much gorgeous yarn it was hard to resist. In the end I only bought a sweater pattern. I am so proud of myself! I ended up talking to a woman there who was what I would call a fair isle expert. She gave me great advice on knitting fair isle and I have already used some of her tips when knitting my sock.

My plan today is to work on my DQS#8 quilt. The deadline is fast approaching and I have finally decided what to make for my partner.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

these socks are going to be gorgeous! That's a great idea to color code an excel chart. I think I need to invest in a chart keeper before I attempt my first lace project

Tina said...

Your sock looks so cool! Great that you are trying something new. Can't wait to see your dqs8. Are you going to use that feather you made?

iSew said...

That sock is looking good!

I had so much fun at Madrona, I can't wait till next year when I'm a more seasoned knitter. :)

We Six Nasons said...

I really like to sock color choices you made. Looks like it is moving along pretty well! I love my chart keeper too. I almost can't knit without it now.

em's scrapbag said...

The socks are really neat!
I knew the quilt would speak to you. Can't wait to see what it said.

bloominworkshop said...

I have admired that sock pattern for a long time. Yours is beautiful! And you are brave for attempting to knit them in two weeks!

julieQ said...

Very pretty socks! I have been riveted to the Olympics...fun!

投癢癢 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails