Friday, September 3, 2010

There’s no place like quilt retreat

 

retreat view

But I am not there and I don’t know if I will be going.  I am so disappointed I can’t even express it enough.  It is all paid for, my friends are there, there is tons of sewing going on, there is an empty place at a table for me, and I am home laying in my back chair.  Yes, I am having a pity party.  Want to join me?  I over did it on Monday and Tuesday trying to get my Schnibble quilt done in time.  My back wasn’t doing great in the first place because of our cruise but then I went and made it worse.  UGH!   

Ok, now the good things.  My husband had already planned to be home to take care of the kids and the to and from school thing.  So I get to have him around to help me and to be sweet and cheer me up.  The retreat is until Monday afternoon so there is a slight possibility that if I feel better I could go even for just a day.  And of course things could always be worse, right.

Just wanted to end this depressing post on a good note!  

9 comments:

Alexis said...

Oh no Trisha! I hope your back heals up lickety split and you get to enjoy the retreat!

Pepe said...

Sorry for you! Please, write downs some idea to help you to smile! Some projects or somthing not even in your mind to replace with this journey, if your backace don't leave you to go... Sursum corda! Take care... Hugs!

Jackie said...

Oh NO! I'm hoping that you are well enough quick enough to get some time in with your friends quilting.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the back improves very quickly so you can go back to retreat......

Hirano Family said...

Oh Trisha! That STINKS. I am so sorry your back is hurting. I am sad for you that you are missing your retreat. I will pray that you will feel better so you can at least get one day in. Hope you feel better SOON!

iSew said...

awww, I hope you're feeling better soon. :(

Lou said...

I'm so sorry! I forgot that the retreat was this weekend! I'll swing by Monday and see if you're there. I go in Oct and I'm hoping I have my home sewing room in good enough shape to get fabric cut for it. At least show and tell @ guild will all be a surprise to you since you won't have seen the projects before...

Lou said...

ps - pity parties can be kinda fun...just give in and go with the flow. did you read YarnHarlot? sounds like she was having one of those days too....

Mel said...

That is disappointing!! Sorry to hear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails